Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I am trying not to be stressed, but it is getting difficult! Got a call yesterday afternoon from our lawyer informing us that we HAVE to meet with the social worker in our home. ARGH! I thought this was done with. But apparently it is not. So instead of just making pies and enjoying the day off with the kids, we are cleaning like mad and getting ready for our home "inspection" and interview with the kids. This is so frustrating for me.

Yesterday I spent the day working on things for the PTA at the elementary school. I am the chairperson for the Reading is Fundamental program and am getting ready for our first ever book distribution. When I came home, I was extremly tired. I rested for a bit in the afternoon, then had to go pick up my oldest from basketball practice. Then I came home and started dinner. I had to have my husband finish it. I was wiped out. I sat down to dinner and ate like 2 bites of dinner and I was just too tired to even eat. The brick wall I have heard about from other women who have had a hysterectomy. I have been feeling well and doing stuff.

So then today I had 3 Thanksgiving "feasts" at my younger 3 kids school. But before that I had to take my FIL to get an MRI. When I got home from that I simultaneously cleaned up the kitchen, made and ate breakfast, prepared mac and cheese for the feast, did laundry, checked PTA business on email, and made some calls. Then I went to the school for the feasts. Lots of bending to serve the kids, then lots of walking back and forth to get the kindergarten feast underway. Then I delivered the 5 boxes of books to the library for the RIF book distribution. I went home, had lunch and crashed! Gave the kids their snack when they came home, then went and picked up dd from basketball and other dd from art club. Then we went to the grocery store for milk and bread and "stuff". Next it was home to make dinner after the stuff was unloaded. At dinner again I was wiped out. I felt like I was hit by a mack truck! And I still had to help clean and get ready for the social worker visit. The kids really stepped up and did what they needed to with the help of my husband and I was pleasantly surprised and thankful. The smell of the cleaner mixed with my already tired body made it hard to do much else so after I scrubbed my bathroom I went to the store and got a few more things that were forgotten earlier. . .

Hopefully there will not be too much to do tomorrow and the social worker visit will be done and over with. . .I want to get this all behind us! Right now I need to figure out a way to get my 7 year old son out of my bed and into his own, then I think I will read and sleep! No alarm in the morning! Can't really sleep in with the impending visit, but wont have to be up at 5:30 either!

No comments: